I think my son has ADHD

My 9-year-old son's teachers have suggested that he might have ADHD. He has a really hard time sitting still, and always seem to be thinking about something other than what he's supposed to. Can you tell me how to get him tested, and if there's anything we can be doing in the meantime?
Posted on Oct 27th 2016 at 01:23pm


You can also have your son assessed without cost by a Pediatrician, Child and Youth Mental Health, or Children's Hospital. My son has been diagnosed with ADHD and I work with children and adults who have been diagnosed or not yet diagnosed. Loretta Zahar, MA, CCC
1 Posted By Loretta Zahar on Feb 23rd 2017 at 6:31 pm
To get him tested, you would need to find a Registered Psychologist. They are able to diagnose, assess, and score these tests. There are a lot of things you can do in the meantime. To start, you could talk to your doctor about medications. Beyond that, there are things like Muse (meditation device), Myndlift, neurotherapy, and talk therapy. At our clinic, we offer some of these services. If you have any more specific questions, you can reach us at www.nofearcounselling.com
1 Posted By Ofir Vaisman on Dec 21st 2016 at 3:50 pm